Richmond Vale Preservation Co-operative Society Ltd

LOCATION:HUNTER VALLEY, NEW SOUTH WALES
Leggetts Drive, Richmond Vale on Main Road # 135.
4 km south of Kurri Kurri

The Richmond Vale Preservation Co-operative Society Ltd (the Society) has access to part of the private Richmond Vale standard gauge network which once served the Hunter Valley coalfields. The line was closed in 1967 and the group obtained access to the line in 1984.

The group operates a tourist railway on 4.5 kms of the line from the disused Richmond Main Colliery to Pelaw Main Colliery with 2 steam locomotives. The group has a number of carriages, some of which have been restored.

The group sees the possibility of extending a further 2.5 kms to Weston where it may be possible to join the NSW main lines via the South Maitland Railways.

The Society is open to the Public on the first three Sundays of each month and at other times by arrangement.

In addition five special events are held annually as per details in the Society website.

CONTACTS:

Postal:The Chairman
Richmond Vale Preservation Co-op Society Ltd
PO Box 224
KURRI KURRI NSW 2327
Telephone:(02) 4936 1891
Facsimile:(02) 4936 2921
Email:rvrminfo@richmondvalerailwaymuseum.org
Web Site Link:http://richmondvalerailwaymuseum.org/

CLOSE WINDOW